Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mark 6:14-29


By Chris Manson


Its interesting how your circle of influence effects the direction your life can take. Just reading this passage my first thought was how happy I am I had the courage to walk away from the previous negative influences in my life. I can picture Herod at that time being so afraid that the guy he had beheaded was back to deal some justice.


Its a crazy passage to blog about, like a night out with the boys that went really wrong, too much wine, the sexy dancer and the loose tongue. The thing about Herod was his loose tongue got him in it real deep and he had the power to weild. There is so much in the bible that gives us warnings about all the things that went wrong for him.


I was just thinking about the scripture ʻto him whom much has been given much will be askedʼ(Luke 12:48). Iʼm kind of stoked I dont have a kingdom to loose, or do I? How much can my words or actions effect the kingdom? Do I have the ability to grieve the spirit of God? Peter denied the Christ, and he had walked with him.


I think the place I would like to end this on would be this Kingdom we are walking in, I think we are meant to own it more. My opinion is that we take more care with things we own, we would feel more responsibility of it. Maybe we would be a little more accountable of our words. My desire this year is to see the doors opened wide, throw off our fears and invite the lost in, let our words bring increase into the kingdom, not loss. Then maybe we will hear those words, ʻWelcome good and faithful servant, you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many. Enter into the joy of your lord. (Matt 25 - parable of the talents)



No comments:

Post a Comment